Why should I consider implementing ISO 27001?
- Reduced risk of data breach & security incidents
- Reduced fines
- Wider scope for information security
- Vendor & Government new business criteria
- Quality Mark
Be Secure's ISO 27001 Services
Be Secure provides the following professional services in relation to ISO 27001 Information Security Management Systems;
- Manage & Deliver: - your project in partnership with your directors & stakeholders
- Lead Work Programme: - working with your internal business teams, project managers
- Preparation & Readiness: - assist you with compliance and getting ready for audits
- Achieve & Maintain: - support your business to get, and to keep, your accreditation
- UKAS Certification Bodies: - working to assess your level of compliance for accreditation
- Independence: - independently owned, with our own professional qualifications
- Effective & Efficient: - extensive experience of audit methodologies and adding value
- Valuable Feedback: - constructive, insightful and value adding reporting presented
Be Secure works in association with business partners who have extensive experience of the ISO 27001 Information Security Standard, and the other UKAS accredited ISO certifications, that can;
- support your organisation through the journey of the ISO 27001 project
- to achieve, and keep, the desired UKAS ISO 27001 accreditation
- help you build a “powerful competitive advantage” over your rivals
What is ISO 27001
ISO 27001 is the reference given to the international standard called "Information technology -Security techniques -Information security management systems – Requirements [ISO/IEC 27001:2013]".
This standard effectively outlines "best practice" procedures and controls which an organisation should undertake in order to ensure that;
- it preserves the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information by applying a risk management process and,
- operates to the requirements of the standard which will give confidence to interested parties that risks are adequately managed.
This International Standard specifies;
- the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an information security management system within the context of the organisation
- includes requirements for the assessment and treatment of information security risks tailored to the needs of organisations
- they are generic and are intended to be applicable to all organisations, regardless of type, size or nature.
What are the benefits to implementing ISO 27001?
- Reduced risk of data breach & security incidents - with the emphasis on security standards and requirements, there is greater focus on risk identification, risk assessment and management, risk treatment and continual improvement
- Reduced fines - faced with the prospect of being fined for a data breach or for non-compliance by the Data Protection Authority, having such an internationally recognised security standard in place will help reduce the exposure to higher fines
- Wider scope for information security - it covers not just personally identifiable information, as prescribed by GDPR, but to all information types, therefore providing wider security cover regarding information
- Vendor & Government new business criteria - following the introduction of GDPR, organisations are now recognising that in order to be able to tender for Government contracts, there is now an increasing requirement for organisations to have ISO 27001 in order to be allowed to tender for new work. Also customers are increasingly demanding that outsourced service providers must have ISO 27001 to win their business.
- Quality Mark - it gives an organisation a competitive advantage and status which demonstrates to its customers and stakeholders, that it operates to a higher professional and internationally recognised standard than its competitors when it comes to managing information security
Note - while there are other such security standards in operation around the world (e.g. COBIT5, ITIL) the ISO standards are more widely recognised within the EU territories.
Buy the ISO 27001 Information Security standard (and other standards) now, by clicking on this link (links to external website)